Running all year round since 2013, the residency programme is at the heart of Kilowatt’s day to day work. Open to professional artists from home and abroad who work in the areas of theatre, dance and performance and closely linked to Kilowatt’s two other core strands of activity in presenting work and facilitating research and development, the programme is a key element in Kilowatt’s profile as an Artists’ House supporting lively exchange between practice and theory. While occupying their own designated space and essentially working independently, residents may choose to take advantage of various kinds of production support such as dramaturgy, technical assistance, project management as well as press and publicity.
Thanks to the support of the Italian Ministry for Culture and Tourism, Tuscany Region, SIAE Sillumina, residency recipients receive a small grant to cover their living expenses and travel costs.
There is not a deadline for sending your proposals for residency. In general, the residency program between September and December is closed by May, while the residency program between January and June is closed by October.
A residency can incorporate the following:
- Theatre space (80 sqm. + space for audience seats)
- Local accommodation in rented apartment with kitchen (maximum 6 people)
- Weekly grant allowance for all of the residency project participants (maximum group of 6 people)
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from Sansepolcro – all the company from the same city of departure (subject to prior agreement)
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Professional technical supervision and support on the first and last day of the residency period (by arrangement)
- Organization of the final open rehearsal on the last day of residency, including communication and promotion activities
- The photographer’s presence at the final open rehearsal, with two photographs donated to the company for the next promotion activities to be done on its own.