VARC is now inviting submissions for 5 funded artist in residence positions:
ENTWINED: Rural. Land. Lives. Art. is a multi-partner two-year project comprising 6 mixed length artist residencies. With an engagement programme of workshops, open days and sharing days the programme will culminate in 2021 with an exhibition and a publication.
Through the artists’ practice, different aspects of what makes a ‘place’ will be explored and the interconnectedness of rural land and rural lives revealed. Artists are open to respond to the theme in the broadest sense and can be working in any media. The residencies are based in a number of venues in the community of Tarset and North Tyne as well as at VARC.
• Based at VARC, Highgreen 10 months (June 2019 – April 2020). Artist Sam Douglas appointed and in residence.
• Based at Kielderhead Wildwood Project (Northumberland Wildlife Trust) 1 month (April 2020).
• Based at Unison Colour 1 month (May 2020)
• Based at VARC, Highgreen 10 months (June 2020 – April 2021)
• Based at Tarset Village Hall 1 month (May 2021)
• Based at The Heritage Centre at Bellingham 1 month (June 2021)
Deadline for submissions is 11th October 2019.
For more information about the project and for details about each of the residencies and to make a submission follow the link https://varc.org.uk/open-call-5-artist-residency-positions/.