Association for Contemporary Art X-OP is issuing an OPEN CALL for participation in the touring residential program for artists and curators working in the field of intermedia and visual arts in the scope of the RISK CHANGE project supported by the European Union “Creative Europe” program.
The touring residential program will take place from October 2019 – March 2020 and will consist of three residential stays (10 days each) in the following cities: Žejtun, Malta; Novi Sad, Serbia and Rijeka, Croatia. The final exhibition/presentation will be in February 2020 in Maribor.
Proposals should tackle the theme of the Risk Change project by critically examining the socio-political, economic and environmental/ecological issues conditioned and/or influenced by migrations. This can be thought of from various conceptual starting points such as information technology, other (bio)technological innovations, ecology, health (psychological and physical), human rights and multicultural community, among others. Projects that include a collaborative aspect between three artists with the local (migrant) community, are inclusive and interdisciplinary in its approach are encouraged.
Selected artists or curators will develop their artwork/s during the 3 co-working units, each lasting for 10 days on the following locations:
1. Novi Sad, Serbia. Project partner: MSUV : МСУВ / Muzej savremene umetnosti Vojvodine. Dates: Beginning of November 2019
2. Žejtun, Malta. Project partner: FOPSIM: Foundation for the Promotion of Social Inclusion in Malta, Zejtun, Malta. Dates: Mid December 2020
3. Rijeka, Croatia. Project partner: MMSU: Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art Rijeka. Dates: Mid January 2020
The result of the three touring residencies will be either a collaborative interdisciplinary work or a group exhibition by three participating artists in Maribor (end of February 2020).
Terms and conditions:
The organizer (Association for Contemporary Art X-OP) covers:
• travel costs (return trip to the residency destination)
• accommodation costs (10 days on each location)
• artist fee
• technical-logistic support during the residential stay, with the possibility of showing their research or artistic work or previous works, as a public lecture or presentation.
• This call is open to all artists/experts from the territory of Europe and wider, if the travel costs are not bigger that 300EUR.
• The selected artists need to be available for the duration of all three residencies according to the proposed timeline.
• The artists need to continuously and regularly communicate with the coordinator of the residency (Association X-OP) and immediately communicate any changes to the developing project and working plan as well as any kind of changes in the travelling itinerary.
The deadline for submitting your applications is September 22th, 2019.
The submitted applications will be evaluated by a Risk Change team. The results will be announced no later than September 30st, 2019.
For more information and to know how to apply: http://www.riskchange.eu/2019/09/02/x-op-open-call-touring-residencies/.