MIRA FORUM Gallery and Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation propose an artistic residence for three months in Porto.
The two entities consider contemporary creation a groundwork for the plural development of citizenship. MIRA FORUM is a gallery basically related to photography, founded in 2013 by Manuela Matos Monteiro and João Lafuente. Artistic residences are important in MIRA’s intervention and are focused on research, artistic production and cultural sharing. The projects are developed through the provision of creation, research and residential space.
• Encourage artistic creation based on the place;
• Stimulate the conception and creation of artistic projects with a public presentation;
• Encourage a better dialogue between national and international artists;
• Open processes of creation and production with a wider variety of public;
• Internationalize MIRA FORUM Gallery, establishing it as a space of reference in the
artistic production and promotion;
• Strengthen partnerships between different cultural structures;
• Insert the present residence in an international network of artistic residences;
• Promote Porto as cultural destiny.
Terms and conditions
The residence program is entirely supported by Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and covers:
• monthly grant, for a period of three months, in the amount of 550€ each;
• travel – up to 500€ (for grant holders from the European continent) and up to 1.000€ (for
the remaining continents);
• funding of 500€ for expenses with materials;
• insurance for personal accidents and travel (during the period of the exchange).
The logistic aspects are assured by MIRA FORUM, namely the residence and work facilities. MIRA FORUM also ensures technical support by MIRA Gallery’s team on the public presentation, and with the documental record of the evolution and final presentation of the artistic‐residency.
MIRA FORUM will also give support in obtaining a Visa, if the resident is out of Schengen.
• foreign artists who have visual arts as their basis of research, with photography being the privileged medium;
• no restrictions in terms of academic background;
• older than 18;
• have developed artistic work for, at least, five years.
If the application is accepted, the artist has to come to Porto and comply with the three months of uninterrupted residency.
July 8th | open call international launch
August 25th | end of the open call
August 25th to September 15th | proposals assessment
September 18th | disclosure of results
October ‐ December | artist‐in‐residency
For more information: http://miragalerias.net/mira-forum/evento/mira-artistic-residency-2019.