Artistic residency at CSL – Carpintarias de São Lázaro, Lisbon, for Foreign Artists not living in Portugal. AiR CSL 2019 is a three-month residency, taking place at the cultural center Carpintarias de São Lázaro between October and December 2019. It is the 2nd Artistic Residency taking place at CSL with the support of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, having been created the scholarship “Bolsa Gulbenkian / Carpintarias de São Lázaro” to support the selected artist /or artist double.
The artist will be paid 1000 EUR a month and receive money for their flight and return to Lisbon, as well a health insurance will be provided, too.
– the artists should propose dialogues between the centre CSL and its neighbors through workshops, photography sessions, vídeo tapes, meetings, exchange of ideas and others
– tradition / Contemporaneity: To reflect on the sharing of differences, the construction of identity through contemporary culture; to ‘provoke’ an encounter between tradition and contemporaneity. How do these people create a relationship with this new reality and how can they be integrated into this new reality?
– Launch of the Open Call – 31/07/2019
– Q&A Period – from 01.08 – 07.08.2019
– Application deadline – 30.08.2019, 23h (+1 GMT)
– Pronouncement of result – until 15-20/09/2019
– The AiR will begin during the month of October 2019 and end in December 2019 / January 2020.
To access the Regulation of the Open Call AiR Carpintarias 2019, follow this link.